A place to share a little about my crazy life filled with food, friends, faith and freedom.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Oh my, what have I got my self into.

It has happened. I have created my first blog. I'm a little scared. Ahh (that is me screaming right now). I want to preface this by saying that my sole intention in this blog is to create a place for me to record all of my crazy cooking and, really, life experiences. I hope that in 20 years I can pull up this little website (will we even have computers then? If so they will probably be the equivalent of the classic Razor Flip phone right now...) and remember all the recipes I tried and experiences I embraced when I was 17. I really just recently became interested in cooking and have no idea where it will take me. But for now, here goes nothing!  



Soooo, to the important stuff. It's CHRISTMAS. Woot. The best day in the world. Happy Birthday Jesus, my dear friend. For my family, today is a day of early mornings, delicious waffles (thanks Uncle Si!), warm embraces, (insert kind adjective here) christmas socks (thanks Gramps!), an overload of the Graham Family, and lots of delicous food. Especially Mamaw's rolls. Mmmhm. A little piece of heaven. For many years my Granny was the goto baker of these little masterpieces, but a few years ago she passed the sacred duty on to my mom. And this year my mom actually asked me for help. Woah. So, sticky fingers, a few angry words, and lots of butter later. Here they are (almost- curses to two never ending hours of rising). I cannot wait for the dough to finish and the family to arrive. Only twoooo moooreee hours. So, for now, I better get to reading Heart of Darkness (curses to high school english teachers). I hope your family is having an incredible Christmas filled with many blessings. 










No comments:

Post a Comment