A place to share a little about my crazy life filled with food, friends, faith and freedom.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Mom's Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Note to self- must post more regularly. I'm so sorry, but I just keep getting so distracted in my obsessing over other food blogs that I forget I'm attempting to make my own here! I just can't help taking a quick peak at Eat Live Run's Virtual Coffee Dates or One Lovely Life's  5 Fact Fridays....and now, yes I did it, I added another to obsess over- Joy the Baker. I watched her "about me" video and I fell in virtual love. My blog crushes might be becoming a problem...nah, not yet. So anyways! About the cookies! 

I found this cookie recipe in an old Guide Post Magazine when Momma and I were cleaning out her sewing room last week. Anything under the "Comfort Food" section is an automatic run to the kitchen recipe . Especially when it is 5 degrees out and you don't really want to clean out a cold sewing room any more (sorry mom!) Cookies are always the perfect escape :) So here they are! 

Mom's Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies

(creds to Guidepost Magazine) 

Yield: About 3 dozen (dough freezes well) 


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 c. White sugar
  • 3/4 c. Brown sugar 
  • 1/2 c. Butter
  • 1/2 c. Shortening
  • 3 eggs 
  • 1 tsp. Baking soda
  • 1 tsp. Salt 
  • 2 3/4 c. Flour 
  • 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips 

Directions: 
1.) Preheat oven to 350. Cream sugars, butter, and shortening.
2.) Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. 
3.) Add soda and salt. Sift in flour 
4.) Add in chocolate chips- beware of over mixing! 
7.) Place medium size blobs on baking sheet or stone 
8.) Bake for 8-12 minutes, until perfection. 

Enjoy!

P.s If you would like to know the culinary masterpiece I'm working on right now ill give you a hint. It involves opening a frozen card board box with funky looking "bagel bites" enclosed, preheating the oven, and shoveling the "at least eight" bagel things the boy I'm babysitting requested me make...I won't mention that a few of them hit the floor...anyways! Have a great day y'all! 

Printable Recipe Here!
Insert in tummy now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment