A place to share a little about my crazy life filled with food, friends, faith and freedom.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream

Why, oh why am I just now discovering the beauty of frozen banana yumminess? Just the other day I was checking out some vegan recipes and ran into Emily's Blog This Rawsome Vegan Life. On it she had posted healthy vegan ice cream, and of course I had to check it out. 

*Let me sum it up real quick for all of you (like me!) who have been missing out: Freeze bananas. Blend bananas. Top bananas (nuts, chocolate syrup, other fruit etc.). Guiltlessly Indulge.* 

That is it, seriously! And it ROCKS. Ahhhhh. 

Soooo, grab a couple of bananas and try it out- you will not be disappointed :) 




Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream

Prep Time: 5 minutes/freeze over night/5 more minutes 

Ingredients:
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla  
  • Any toppings/alterations you wish! 
  • I topped mine with these Maple Cinnamon Almonds  and added 1.5 tsp Maple Syrup in the processor 
Instructions: 
  • Slice bananas and place on a baking sheet
  • Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight
  • Remove from freezer, place in a food processor, add vanilla, and process until soft serve consistency
  • Add whatever your heart desires! 

No comments:

Post a Comment