A place to share a little about my crazy life filled with food, friends, faith and freedom.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cocoa on a snowy day.

My girls :) 
Today my friends came over for some homemade Hot Cocoa. I know it is crazy but before today I had never made homemade Hot Cocoa. That had to change. So here it is (My first recipe posted. Woot!). I really liked it. More like semi-sweet hot chocolate- a very satisfying semi-sweet!

Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa


 Prep/total time: 15 min
 Yield: 10 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 2/3 cup Baking cocoa
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 8 cups 2 % Milk
  • 2/3 cup Water
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
  • Marshmallows (Not Optional!)
Directions:
 1.) In a large sauce pan combine the sugar, cocoa, and salt.
 2.) Stir in milk and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
 3.)Remove from heat and stir in extracts.
 Serve in mugs with marshmallows.

Printable Recipe Here!


No comments:

Post a Comment