A place to share a little about my crazy life filled with food, friends, faith and freedom.

Friday, January 18, 2013

A little Ketchup.

Catch up. Do ya get it? I'm so funny. Okay anyways! So last friday night Momma, Daddy-O and I had a yummy dinner of rosemary seasoned pork and Yukon potatoes with garlic roasted green beans. Mmmhm. It was a good one. Then Dad and I watched The Hunger Games! Woot! I cried. Again. I mean how can you not?! Little Rue...oh no here it comes again. It really was quite a great night-tears included! Bonding with the fam on a Friday night. I'm living the teenage dream here y'all. But for real-I really loved cooking and spending time with them :)
Oh hey, did I mention my Momma is allergic to onions?
I have lived 17 years without onions in my food. I know it's basically a cooking sin,
but now that I am in the kitchen-watch out Momma! :)

Here ya go:

Rosemary Seasoned Pork and Dijon Yukon Potatoes

Prep Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 5 min.
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic-pepper blend
  • 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 3 Yukon potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
  • 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wide wedges
  • 4 bone-in loin pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (I used 2 bone in and 2 boneless)
Instructions:

1.) Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix mustard, oil, rosemary, garlic-pepper blend, seasoned salt, and paprika. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mustard mixture.
2.) Add potatoes and onion to remaining mustard mixture in bowl; toss to coat. Place vegetables in pan.
3.) Roast vegetables uncovered for 25 minutes. Turn and stir potato mixture. Brush pork chops with reserved 2 tablespoons mustard mixture. Add pork chops to corners of pan.
4.) Roast uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink inside and veggies are tender.

Enjoy!

Printable Recipe Here!

Adapted from bettycrocker.com


 

Garlic Roasted Green Beans:

I just took a bundle of green beans with the ends chopped off and added 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 garlic clove. Add a pinch of salt and throw them in the oven at 425 for about 10 or 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment