I made this up with Momma in about 30 minutes. Yum. The perfect way to disguise a few veggies? Add them to a bowl of buttery pasta goodness. Ill definitely be adding this to my dinner time staples.
Rustic Garlic Penne with Roasted Broccoli and Sautéed Mushrooms
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 head broccoli, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne or bow tie pasta
- 8 ounces mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- ½ tablespoon flour
- sea salt
- sharp, hard cheese for topping (like Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss broccoli, oil, and herbs; scatter on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring every so often to avoid burning.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and season with salt. Stir frequently until the mushrooms have a lightly browned outside and are soft, buttery and tasty (about 15-20 minutes).
- Stir in the flour with the butter and mushrooms if there is too much moisture. Add pasta and stir until well combined. Stir in roasted broccoli and top with cheese.
All creds to Pinch of Yum