A place to share a little about my crazy life filled with food, friends, faith and freedom.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Awhile ago I promised  y'all Chicken Tortilla Soup. Thank you for waiting oh so patiently. Cause it is totally worth it. So, without further ado, here's to My Aunt's famous Chicken Tortilla Soup!  Mmhm.

This is a Graham Family favorite that should never be limited to the winter months. My Momma loves to make this yumminess all year long, especially when my sis comes back to town. She whips it up the night before and throws it in the crock pot all day long. One of my  most favorite things in the world is when I get home from track practice- sweaty, tired, gross- and I smell dinner cooking right as I walk in the door. Thank goodness for crock pots. And Thank you Momma. I am so blessed :)

I hope y'all enjoy this one.

Chicken Tortilla Soup 

Prep Time: 40 minutes 
Total Time: 3 hrs 40 minutes (or crock pot all day) 
Yield: 8 large bowls 

Ingredients: 
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 chopped bell peppers (1 red and 1 green)
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed 
  • 8 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast 
  • 1 large can green chilies chopped 
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 
  • 2 boxes Swanson's Chicken Broth
  • 2 cans tomato soup
  • 2 cans original Rotel tomatoes 
  • 1 large can petite diced tomatoes 
  • 2 cans whole kernel corn 
  • 2 tsp chili powder 
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 
  • Salt and Pepper to taste 
Directions: 
1.) Sauté first three ingredients until soft. 
2.) Boil 8 pieces chicken breast then chop into bite size pieces 
3.) In a large soup pan combine the sautèd peppers, chicken, and the rest of the ingredients. 
4.) Bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 3 hours or place in crock pot on low heat all day

Printable Recipe Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment